ABOUT THE ARTIST


(Click on image to enlarge.)

Education

Master of Fine Arts Degree 2004 

New York Academy of Art - Manhattan, NY

 

Bachelor of Fine Arts Degree 2002 

Brigham Young University - Laie, Hawaii


Biography

My formal studies of the figure began in Hawaii with Viliami Toluta'u and Mataumu Alisa. I then received the best figurative training possible in the world at the New York Academy of Art where I earned my master's degree. There in the heart of the art world I received a direct lineage of techniques that were handed down from the great masters of old. While in Manhattan I studied the figure with a modern approach while sharing a personal dialogue with the most forward thinking renowned artists of our time.  They included Vincent Desiderio, Martha Erlebacher, Harvey Citron, Robert Taplin, Steven Assael, Wade Schuman, and Leonid Lerman. The education in Hawaii and New York City provided technical and aesthetic tools needed to assist the expressive creation of my art. As a full time instructor I am able of pursue my goal of learning and developing as I teach Sculpture, Life Drawing and Art History courses at the Art Institute of Indianapolis. Everyday I love balancing my studio work with my wife and three kids. My family has been my greatest source of inspiration and support.  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers